Wednesday 26 October 2011

Speedwork in the Rain

Yesterday I met up with XSNRG and did some pretty intense repeats.  I have the thank John for keeping me 'honest' so to speak.  He was flying through them and I wanted to keep up so we pushed each other and I think had great results.


The course was a figure 8 with each loop approx 500m. The first cross over was fairly flat, but the loop had some uphills and downhills.  Overall, an even loop but the trick was to push as hard as you could uphill and hope you recover enough on the downhill was still going blazing fast. 


The workout itself was

warmup,
strides
then two sets of 1, 1.5, 1 loops  with a two min rest between each loop
strides
cooldown
 
 

The key for me was that I was really hitting the pace that I want - sub 4min k's.  The average for the 6 loops was 3:49 min/k so looks like there are good things to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment