Sunday 23 October 2011

Running in Dundas

Running trails is one of my favourite things to do.  Unfortunately I rarely actually get to go out and do it.

That aside, this weekend was a great chance to get out to the Dundas Valley Conservation area (where the Sulphur Springs Ultra is run) and make some loops around.

The best part about this location is that the route is accessible from all over Hamilton/Dundas/Ancaster (including parking). I tend to come in from the Brantford Rail trail at the ficticious "Sulphur Springs Rail Station".   There's a main loop which is gorgeous, but I highly recommend just exploring some of the side trails.  Note that some just end in random places, so if you go with a garmin, the back to start feature is always a good option.

Here's a shot of just going along on the trail.




 There's plenty of hills and challenges for all levels.  Well of course it's part of a race!  As they say, if they just gave us the trail it would have been enough, but then there's a river to run by a few times:



 As a big fan of nature, this kind of activity is my favourite.  I'm glad to see that there were so many people enjoying the nice weather this weekend.

One more for the road:



One of my goals of this blog is to share what I love about running, so please enjoy, and any feedback is always welcome.

Have fun running in the fall!




2 comments: