Wednesday 18 January 2012

Week in review Jan 9-15th

I know I'm getting a little late on these.  Here's my running/training from last week.  I should take the time to comment more and that will come soon, but for now it's more of a grind away, here's the results.

M - 10k easy @ 5 strides (30sec @ about 10.5-11mph) at the end  - Had to line up for a treadmill, waited about 6 minutes to get one and for the first time I didn't have the tm with a fan.  It's quite different!
T - 3k warmup, 5 stides, then 6k tempo at 4:10/km, then 3k cooldown - Waited a few minutes again, but got a tm then I switched 2x until I got the machine I like with the fan (compulsive much?) but I think it was worth it. 
W - 8kish recovery - nice and slow (outdoors)

T - Fast day felt great actually, Warm up, 3.3k @ 4:10 avg, 1.1k @ 3:45, 2.2k @ 4:00, 800m @ 2:52, 90 seconds rest between sets, cool down - really felt loose in my legs, and that was great.  Good competitive group and we fed off each other's energy. 
F - Off
S - 16.5 km - 8 hills (bit of ice) 1:16 (fastest over 3 yrs by 4 min),   4km cool down [cold day -20ish with windchill, frozen feet for first 5k burr and nose freezing every once in a while]  
S - 21 - (snow/ice) easy/recovery pace @ 4:55/km  w last 4kmi @ 4:38, 4:30, 4:15, 4:11 [another cold feet problem day but probably because there was no sun on those snowy paths!]

Total - 86.6 km


My week so far  has been different - some interesting cross training and a busy schedule.   More details to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment